The word “coterie” is of French origin and means “a gathering of friends.” The essence of the Coterie is to build a group of people who become “Friends of the Eagles” by participating in varied activities associated with the footy club, and supporting it financially by collecting and contributing funds for the players and the Club separately to what the Board of Directors are able to do.
The Coterie Club is a very valuable arm of the Football Club.
The weekly membership cost in each season is $10 for each of 18 minor round games. This amount can be paid weekly or in a lump sum to Richard Lee, Trevor Hangan or Peter Physick.
Examples of past support from the Coterie Club include:
- Sundry capital items which the club or the ground requires
- Installation of a flag pole
- Scoreboard maintenance
- Contribution to carpet in both the Home and Away rooms
- Outfitting Trainers and Water Runners in AFL approved clothing
- Purchase of footballs, two way radios, video equipment
- Speaker/PA system at Bruce Purser Reserve
We ask that every Coterie Member is also a Member of the East Coast Eagles Football Club. Each member will receive a personally designed and struck Eagles Coterie Club metal badge so you are distinguished as a Coterie member in a particular year.
We are seeking a buy in from Sponsors, Businesses, Members, players and supporters to register their interest in joining the Eagles Coterie.
For further information on joining the Eagles Coterie, please email email@example.com